Business and corporate across various sectors like finance, retail, telecommunication, etc are deploying IT-enabled business solutions in order to increase their productivity and keep themselves updated with the rapidly changing global IT industry trends, translating into a high demand for IT-enabled business solutions. Other than this, the shooting rate of Internet adoption across the world and rising threats on Internet (like malware, spam and hack attacks) are bolstering the demand for IT security solutions. Moreover, IT security attacks are becoming increasingly sophisticated, requiring continuous monitoring and updating the existing IT security solutions, says "Global IT Security Market Forecast to 2012”, a report by RNCOS.
The report provides an overview on the current and future scenario of the world IT security market. It studies the global IT security market into two segments: Security Appliances and Security Software. The research also details on various ongoing and emerging trends in the global IT security market, thus helping the IT security vendors to identify opportunities.
- The global IT security market (includes security software & security appliances) is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 15.5% through 2012 from 2008.
- The increasing number of IT security attacks, ongoing vulnerability discoveries, and the need for companies to comply with new legislations are fostering the growth of global IT security market.
- Among the security appliances market, UTM (Unified threat management) will grow rapidly at a forecasted CAGR of nearly 34%, followed by IDS/IPS.
- The Asia-Pacific region is anticipated to account for the majority of IT security solutions market by 2012.
- Rapidly growing Internet adoption and surging demand for IT-enabled business solutions in emerging markets like India, China and GCC have made these destinations lucrative for IT security development.
- What is the current scenario of global IT security market?
- What are the emerging trends in global IT security market?
- Which are the most lucrative destinations for the IT security development across the world?
- What is the IT security outlook for various countries?
- What are the factors fueling growth into global IT security market?
- Which are the security appliance segments that will grow rapidly in near future?
The report gives a brief overview on various players, like Juniper Networks, Inc., Cisco Systems, Inc., SonicWALL Inc., and Websense Inc., selected on the basis of their global presence in various segments of the IT security market. The profile of each player includes its business, revenue by division and geography, and its major strengths and weakness.
Research Methodology Used
Information has been sourced from various credible sources like books, newspapers, trade journals, and white papers, industry portals, government agencies, trade associations, monitoring industry news and developments, and through access to more than 3000 paid databases.
The analysis methods used in the report for prudent analysis include ratio analysis, historical trend analysis, linear regression analysis using software tools, judgmental forecasting, and cause and effect analysis.