RNCOS’, “Global IPTV Market Analysis (2006-2010)”, report provides extensive research and objective analysis of the Global IPTV Market, its performance and its future prospects. This reports helps the clients to analyze the trends and developments in IPTV Market across Europe, North America and Asia Pacific Regions. It also helps in gaining useful insights into the current IPTV market in countries falling under the above-mentioned regions.
The report contains detailed data on Global as well as regional IPTV subscriber base, service revenue, ARPU, broadband subscribers, IPTV households etc. The consumer behavior towards IPTV service has been discussed in detail, which is critical to the success of IPTV service. This report also highlights the market drivers for IPTV market and the opportunity areas for IPTV service providers.
- As per our research, in the long run, Asia Pacific region will lead the global revolution in IPTV in terms of subscribers, service revenue, infrastructure etc. The region’s broadband penetration, supportive regulatory framework, will fuel the growth.
- The worldwide IPTV Service Revenue is forecasted to reach U.S $38 billion in the year 2009.
- The worldwide IPTV subscribers are forecasted to reach 53 million in the year 2009.
- The Americas and Western Europe are expected to be the biggest markets in terms of revenue per user basis.
- IPTV market potential varies highly across the world depending upon the local Pay-TV market and regulatory conditions.
- China will be the future IPTV dragon due to rapid urbanization, fast growing economy and expanding middle class.
- The U.S will be a more difficult market for IPTV, due to high existing pay-TV penetration, and stiff price and service competition that is likely to come from the entrenched operators in the cable and satellite sectors.
- Consumer familiarity with IPTV service is very low although youth today are much more aware of it when compared with people belonging to other age groups.
- In terms of the principal barriers to IPTV adoption, the cost is by far and away the most significant factor across all countries and age groups.
This section provides the overview, key facts, financials and stock performance of several players like France Telecom, PCCW Ltd., Qwest communication International Inc., Telefonica, Chunghwa Telecom Co. Ltd.
Key Issues and Facts Analyzed
The research report also addresses the issues and facts that are critical for business success:
All facts are highlighted in question form. Some critical questions can be:
- What does the IPTV past performance indicates?
- What are the trends in present IPTV Market with respect to service revenue, total expenditure, subscriber base, Revenue per user etc.?
- What is future of IPTV Market globally, region wise and country wise?
- What are the factors that are driving the IPTV Market?
- What are the success factors of IPTV Service?
- What are the applications and opportunities associated with IPTV?
- What are the prevailing conditions in different countries that are supporting IPTV?
- What is the status of different IPTV service providers across the world?
- How much is the consumer familiar to IPTV?
- What does the consumer prefer and expect from IPTV services?
- Who are the leaders in IPTV Service in different countries and what is the prevailing competitive environment?
- What are the key challenges to IPTV?
Research Methodology Used
Information has been sourced from namely, books, newspapers, trade journals, and white papers, industry portals, government agencies, trade associations, industry news and developments and through access to more than 3000 paid databases.
The analysis methods includes the following: Ratio Analysis, Historical Trend Analysis, Linear Regression Analysis using software tools, Judgmental Forecasting and Cause and Effect Analysis.