The market research report “RFID Industry Analysis 2006” by RNCOS provides a comprehensive discussion on the current trends, demand and revenue forecast, figures, business opportunities, and the recent qualitative and quantitative issues likely to influence the future growth of the RFID market. This report provides market analysis highlighting growth opportunities that manufacturers and suppliers can effectively capitalize on. Four primary vertical markets - retail & consumer packaged goods, healthcare and pharmaceutical, logistics and transportation, and hi-tech manufacturing - are analyzed in terms of their revenue generation potential.
- The RFID tag market continues to expand to newer markets, by innovations in animal tracking and sports timing applications.
- Particularly, smart labels hold the true potential to revolutionize supply chain management and could ultimately replace the ubiquitous bar codes on trillions of fast moving consumer goods.
- RFID software and services segment are expected to see strongest annual growth rates, as mandated end-users quickly start RFID pilots and deploy RFID within the specified timeframes.
- Asset tracking applications will see the most rapid growth in the next few years and will grow disproportionately as compared to the RFID market as a whole.
- Interoperability across various RFID systems, companies, and countries is critical for achieving wide-scale deployment of the technology.
Key Issues and Facts Analyzed
The research report also addresses the issues and facts that are critical to your success:
- What is the status of Global RFID Market?
- What are the future prospects of RFID hardware market and RFID software and services market?
- What are the applications and opportunities associated with RFID?
- What is the potential of RFID in various applications such as in Supply chain Management, Asset Tracking and Point of sale applications?
- What is the potential of RFID in various vertical segments such as Consumer Packaged goods, Retail Units, Commercial Sector and Healthcare/Pharmaceutical sector?
- What are the challenges before RFID industry?
This section provides a complete overview, including the key facts, financials, and stock performance, of several players in RFID Industry. The players are broadly categorized into three groups. The first is Transponder and Reader System group, which includes players like Checkpoint Systems, Intermec, Philips, Symbol Technologies, Texas Instruments. The second is Supply-Chain software group, which includes Descartes Systems and Manhattan Associates. The third group is Systems Integrators, which comprises of Accenture and IBM.
Research Methodology Used
Books, Newspapers, Trade Journals, White papers, Industry portals, Government Agencies, Trade associations, access to more than 3000 paid databases, and monitoring of Industry News and developments.
Ratio Analysis, Historical Trend Analysis, Linear Regression Analysis using software tools, Judgmental Forecasting, and Cause and Effect Analysis.