RNCOS’ report,“US Aluminum Market (2006)”, provides extensive research and objective analysis of the Aluminum Market, its performance and future prospects. This reports helps the clients to analyze the trends and the developments in the US Aluminum Market vis-à-vis the global scenario.
The report gives crucial insights into the various facets of the overall industry i.e. aluminum production and consumption by product and industry, price movements, import levels, supply and demand, demand by industry sector, Cost analysis etc. This report also highlights the success factors and challenges in the US aluminum industry.
- The aluminum market is characterized by huge demand and supply gap with respect to both primary and secondary aluminum.
- Market demand is regulated largely by the need for aluminum by the various industry sectors particularly transport and packaging sector.
- The US aluminum industry relies heavily on imports to meet its demand. With the incessant rise in imports, the country is becoming more and more dependent.
- Aluminum is chiefly imported from a number of countries such as china, Australia etc where the cost of production is relatively less. This makes imported aluminum cost effective, hereby posing a significant challenge for the domestic producers.
- Energy and labor are two of the major costs for companies in the aluminum industry. Each of these represents a share of about 33% of the total cost of smelting production in the US.
- Kentucky is one of the most attractive regions with favorable labor and energy costs, along with low state & local taxes. The overall cost of doing business in Kentucky is 15% below the US average.
This section provides an overview of the key facts, financials and stock performance of several players like Alcoa Inc., Alcan Inc, Century Aluminum Company, Aleris International, Novelis Inc. etc.
Key Issues and Facts Analyzed
The research report also addresses the issues and facts that are critical to business success, such as:
- What are the trends in the US Aluminum Market with respect to market value, production, consumption, price etc?
- What is the supply and demand situation of Aluminum and its raw material Bauxite?
- What is the cost of Energy and labor in various states?
- What are the success factors of Aluminum Industry in US?
- What are the challenges associated with this industry?
Research Methodology Used
Information has been sourced from namely, Books, Newspapers, trade journals, and white papers, industry portals, government agencies, trade associations, monitoring industry news and developments, and through access to access to more than 3000 paid databases.
The analysis methods includes the following: Ratio Analysis, Historical Trend Analysis, Linear Regression Analysis using software tools, Judgmental Forecasting and Cause and Effect Analysis.