RNCOS’ "Process Food Market - Asia Pacific (2006-2007)" report provides research and objective analysis on Asia-Pacific Food Processing Industry. This report helps clients to analyze the opportunities critical to the success of Food Processing Industry in the region. In Asia-Pacific region, an overall economic growth leads to the rapid industrialization and an increased urbanization. The rising per capita income due to economic growth is shifting the consumer preferences towards value added foods.
Asia-Pacific Food Processing Industry
Currently, in Asia-Pacific region, processed food level differs from country to country. In Asian region, Japan remains the largest food processing market, but is expected to grow at slower rate in future as compared to China & India due to saturated market. Rising per capita income, growing working class & popularity of ready-to-eat food are expected to drive the food processing industries of China and India.
- Most of the economically growing countries in Asia have low level of processed food as compared to western countries, but due to positive market forces, its all set to boom.
- Trade liberalization through multilateral & regional trade agreements is helping the Asia-Pacific food processing industry to grow and will lead to greater market access for players operating in Food processing industry.
- To position & promote Asia-Pacific as a producer of safe & high quality products in compliance with international standards is a major problem in
front of the exporters in Asia-Pacific region.
- Australian processed food industry has emerged as one of the most technically advanced in the world. It produces products of international standards at prices comparatively lower than the western world.
- Japan & South Korea are the leading meat importing countries in world. In future, processed food industry is expected to remain strong with rising meat consumption in these countries.
Key Issues and Facts Analyzed
- Sectoral performance of Asia-Pacific processed food industry at country level.
- Market forces driving the industry & challenges faced by it.
- Major players in Asia-Pacific processed food industry.
- What opportunities exist in Asia-Pacific processed food industry?
Key Players Analyzed
This section covers the key facts about major players currently operating in the Asia-Pacific Processed food industry, such as PepsiCo, Coca Cola, Kraft Foods, Unilever N.V., Annheuser-Busch Companies, Cadbury Schweppes, Groupe Danone & Diageo.
Information has been sourced from namely, books, newspapers, trade journals, and white papers, industry portals, government agencies, trade associations, monitoring industry news and developments, and through access to access to more than 3000 paid databases.
The analysis methods includes the following: Ratio Analysis, Historical Trend Analysis, Linear Regression Analysis using software tools, Judgmental Forecasting and Cause and Effect Analysis.